Ueber Smug – Is how I feel. Elated, proud and very humbled. Not to be confused with über Smaug – giant fire breathing lizard of Hobbit fame. My original intention for today’s post has been waylaid by the receipt of the Versatile Blogger Award.
I have to admit that I’m gobsmacked by this. I’ve been blogging here for exactly one week and one day, and didn’t expect to receive any kind of prize for my efforts so far! I find that I currently spend a lot of time looking at the Stats page of my blog. Each day I grow ridiculously excited as the stats edge slightly over what they were the day before! The number of followers is also climbing steadily and I do a little wriggle of happiness when I see a new name added to the list. Welcome friends – thank you for your kind attention. I hope that you continue to find my random ramblings and blind optimism intriguing.
Thanks must go to That EJ, who has nominated me for the award. That EJ has made me feel very welcome to WordPress, and I enjoy seeing an e-mail from his blog each morning. He offers a humorous insight to his daily life and I find his blogs to be well written. They’re smooth, unlike mine which ramble off into varied different directions before I remember I’m supposed to have a point, and attempt to rein my train of thought back in, with as few spelling mistakes as possible.
So, taking my lead from That EJ, what do I do now that I have received it? There are several items to check off the list. The Rules of the Award…
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog. – I’ll follow That EJ’s lead on this also, when I’ve worked out how to do it, I certainly will! Any advice?
2. Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination. – Check! I will happily link back to the benevolent bestower of said award.
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. – I think here I enter a difficult spot. I don’t follow 15 Blogs yet and I don’t want to be wishy washy about this either. I intend to do some more bloggy reading and will have recommendations for you all by the end of the week. (Must remember to complete previous promise and write 500 words of manuscript.)
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post. – Once I have found them, I certainly will!
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself. – Crikey! Okay…here we go. I’ll try to avoid things I’ve already put on my info page.
- I was determined to be the first woman on Mars. I had a really good plan. I intended to study physics and maths before going on to study Advanced Mathematics and Theoretical Physics and Cambridge, become an RAF pilot, emigrate to America and join NASA, just in time to take part in the human missions to Mars– Plan failed when I realized that I wasn’t very good at Maths, or Physics.
- I used to have recurring nightmares about Jacket Potatoes.
- I love horse riding, especially cantering over the beach at Sunset. I’ve recently been introduced to Parelli and Natural Horsemanship. It’s such a beautiful approach to life and I can’t recommend it enough.
- I am a medieval re-enactor. Part of Buckingham’s Retinue, I re-enact the Wars of The Roses over the summer. Although this year I’ve been unable to attend many events, I’ll never forget turning up to the first battle I ever attended. I had my bow in my hand and bag on the back. The sun was setting behind a flag of St George. Rows of canvas tents with their own pennants flapped and snapped in a summer breeze. There was a gentle hum of laughter and welcome as friends caught up. Damp grass brushed against my trainers and wood smoke drifted into a sky that grew slowly darker. I felt as though I’d walked off the train, and back in time. Amazing and unforgettable.
- I believe that you should write what you know. To this end I joined re-enactment and have made it my mission of travel as much of the world as possible. How will I write about snow, if I’ve only briefly experienced it, in English winters? So I moved to Canada for 9 months as an international Student.
- My favourite song is Wild Horses- Covered by the Sundays.
- I climb things really quickly – not because I’m particularly proficient, but because the quicker I get up, the quicker I can come down!
Please find my (soon to be 15) Award Nominees below:
1. GeekErgoSum – excellent artwork by the way…
2. Afantasycometrue – Fellow fantasy writer!
3. MissJeevious – Beautiful photographs.
3. Writeontheworld – Writing Advice excellence.
4. Mum’s the word. – World Observations
5. Craplandia – hilarious!